Thursday, July 14, 2011

These are a few of my favorite things...

I just thought I would share a few of my favorite things about my life in Honduras :) 


*Hanging out with Micah on our bed, underneath the mosquito net while we read books, watch movies on the laptop and eat cornflakes :)

*Chatting and praying over a cup of coffee with Joseph early in the morning when no one else is awake; the fresh morning breeze is wonderful!

*Tending to my flourishing garden!

*Favorite Foods:  Fried plantains; peanut butter on fresh, hot tortillas; and Baleadas.

*Going on walks as a family...Holding Joseph's hand as we watch our little son run ahead to look at the "vacas!" ("cows!")

*Favorite Plant:  Dormilonas. They are fern-looking plants that fold up when you touch them! God is so creative!  *Check them out on youtube if you are interested :)

* Watching the children of the community run around my house;  the laughter fills the room and my heart with joy!

*Watching my son and husband play together...especially when Joseph's gives Micah rides in the wheelbarrow and when they head for an afternoon walk together.  Doesn't get any precious than seeing son and father hand in hand.


Taking the time to write these favorite things out reminds me of how blessed I am!  
Thank you Jesus for these priceless moments and new treasures!


"Every good and perfect gift is from above!"  
James 1:17

No comments:

Post a Comment