Monday, May 2, 2011

...but Oh, Does He Give!!!


I ended my walk early today because I just had to blog about what the Lord reminded me of shortly after I started my morning walk…

I am trying to start my prayers by praising God and thanking him all he does and gives and especially for sending us His One and Only Son to die for our sins so that we might give our lives to him, live our lives for him and have eternal life. And as I was praising Him, a verse and a particular situation where no one can doubt God’s love and grace came to mind.

“Naked I came from my mother’s womb, and naked I will depart.
The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away; may the name of the LORD be praised.” Job 1:21

I know someone who suffered a miscarriage last year and though I have not experience that and could not even pretend to understand what sorrow that must bring, I know that losing someone close to us is one of the hardest things we will ever have to experience in this life; Praise God that we can put our hope in Him and trust that many of those that we lose go straight into his loving arms for eternity. But as sinful humans who struggle to Trust God when we experience loss and suffering, we forget about His Promises and His Sovereignty.  All we see is our loss and we don’t understand why God would take something so precious away from us…

Now…. get ready to learn more of God’s grace and mercy and don’t be surprised if you need to grab a tissue for your joyfully tear-filled eyes….

This week we learned that the person who experienced such a loss last year, is now pregnant with twins!!!  ISN’T GOD SO GOOD!!  After hearing that news I could not help myself from laughing as my eyes filled with joyful tears! 

Yes, God does take away…. but oh does he GIVE!!!

He knows the questions we have when we experience loss and he knows the pain we feel. He grieves with us but he also rests in peace and desires that we receive that same peace that passes all understanding.  We can have that same peace when we Trust in God and know that He does not have any problems, he just has plans…good plans for us and the losses that we experience and the trails we go through are all apart of His wonderful, loving plan for us.  He wants to use them to draw us closer to him so that we can experience his Amazing Grace and Mercy.

As the Lord reminds me of this Glorious Truth this morning, I also challenge all of you to take time to thank God for ALL that he has given you and ALL that continues to give you.  Also thank him for the times he has taken away, trusting that He does it for our good and because he loves us so. 
I know, because I am a sinful human, that it is easy for us to go to the Lord and tell him of all that we are lacking and of all that we need but know I think of how much that must sadden our Lord because He knows how much he has given us.  The life we live and the air we breathe should be enough for us to praise him daily.  So, look at your life and SEE and TOUCH all that he has BLESSED you with and know that he gives WAY more than he takes away.  Why?  Because he is our Abba Father, our daddy, who loves us more than anyone ever will and more than anyone ever can.  He ALWAYS has our best in mind and ALL he does is for OUR good.

Praise The Loving and Mighty Name of Jesus!

1 comment:

  1. Love this! Thanks for your encouraging words. They really spoke to my heart. =)

    ReplyDelete