Wednesday, April 13, 2011

"I Have Gray Hair"

Last night was the student's last night here for a couple weeks. They get a long vacation for Easter because it is one of the biggest holidays of the year. With so many Catholics, Semana Santo (Holy Week), is a HUGE deal here.

So we were sitting around last night chatting with the girls and making sure they were ready to leave today. I was going over a checklist of items that the needed to know prior to leaving. After our formal conversation was over, two of them stayed around to chat with Hailey and I for a few minutes.

Hailey started to yawn quite a bit, and turned to one of the girls and said...

"Estoy Canoso..."

Which means, I am Gray-Haired. She meant to say "Estoy Cansado," which means I am tired.

Just another funny story about we say many things incorrectly every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment